Business owners typically find themselves buried under a mountain of work. So it’s no surprise that managing your social media marketing successfully may get placed on the back burner. Although an integral component of online marketing most firms don’t fully understand it just yet and so it’s easy to push the work aside entirely. Believe it or not there are still numerous examples out there of businesses not using social media whatsoever. At Isadora Design we encourage firms to avoid neglecting this terrific opportunity to engage potential customers. At the end of the day your goal should be to use social media marketing to create traffic and increase conversion. Social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google + have exploded in popularity and can provide your brand with far reaching influence online. To illustrate this point consider that there are over 157 Million social media network users in the United States alone – of which 141 Million have Facebook accounts. In fact Facebook is still the king of social platforms when it comes to sharing new product information (eMarketer Social Media). That’s alot of eyeballs out there so why not take advantage of the opportunity?
Both Facebook and Twitter continue to evolve while connecting millions of new users so we’ve placed much of our focus on these two platforms. For this social media marketing blog we will stick to the basics. For those that are using social media to communicate let’s begin by making sure that you are using your time as effectively as possible. Below you’ll find a few tips we recommend when creating a strategy for your social media marketing.
- You don’t need all social media platforms – select the platforms that are right for your business
- Make sure the content you are publishing is interesting (and if possible educational)!
- Publish a variety of content including videos, news, photos and entertainment content
- Use social media platforms to communicate directly with customers and engage potential customers
- It’s all about frequency & consistency so Tweet often (weekly if not daily) and regularly
- Manage your results – if you can’t measure results you simply can’t expect to improve
- Experiment until you discover what works best! Don’t do the same thing and expect different results
Did you know that certain demographics are more likely to use one platform over another? Did you know that younger consumers prefer to interact with brands on social media? Still this may all be too much for you and it may be easier to hire a professional web design company to manage your social media efforts. A web design company that offers social media management will provide you with the guidance you are looking for or at the very least help make sense of everything for you. Remember, interaction on social media platforms should be fun, easy and fruitful. If you are willing to invest the time to manage your efforts the rewards will be there. In addition ongoing and consistent publishing will positively impact your SEO efforts – now that’s something to cheer about!